Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Now that I have started working out, I need to get the food under control. I feel like is some ways I do eat healthy but obviously my diet still needs to be improved. When I was pregnant with my twins, I ate a lot of protein and fat so they would be good size when they were born. It worked, Katelyn was 6lbs. 12 oz. and James was 7lbs. 6oz and I lost all the weight by 3 weeks postpartum. But then I was nursing two babies and taking care of two babies. I never knew if I was going to get another chance to eat so I started overeating or eating to keep my energy up. Then I started eating to "reward" myself at the end of day or to relieve stress.

If that wasn't enough to pack the weight on, I started feeling really awful - no energy, painful joints, couldn't wake up or get out of bed in the morning. I thought it was just life with twin toddlers. Turned out I had developed Addison's Disease and that was why I felt so bad. I'm glad I was diagnosed but now I have to take Prendisone daily for the rest of my life. So that is the short story of how I got here. Now I need to figure a way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment