Saturday, June 20, 2009

A New Normal

I went out to breakfast with a few of the women from my Addison's support group. It is so good to take to others who are also dealing with Addison's Disease. It is such a poorly understood condition by so many - including doctors. It good to hear how others deal with the daily challenges and issues. After talking with some of them I am feeling like I need my medications tweaked a bit. I am going to ask my endo to up my Synthroid for my hypothyroidism. I know I am in the normal range but I am wondering if just a little more would make me feel better while still keeping me in the normal range. I want to badly to feel good. We also had a nice discussion about the mourning process that goes with being diagnosed with a cronic disease and how to accept a new "normal". I admit I am still mad in many ways. I thought infertiliity was my cross to bear in this lifetime. I didn't know that was just the start. Maybe by writing out my thoughts and feeling I will be better able to move to the acceptance stage and learn how to work around it as one one of the women suggested.

No comments:

Post a Comment